Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Multiple nested repeater fields causes extremely slow load in backend Reply To: Multiple nested repeater fields causes extremely slow load in backend

• I posted this on another thread, but in the interest of helping others out and getting some feedback I’ll post here as well…

I’ve run into a similar issue specifically with JS performance and multiple TinyMCE elements. I’ve been working on a fix that I’d love some help testing.

Like many of you I end up with sites that have a TinyMCE field in a repeater or flexible content widget. If the client ends up adding more rows than expected the performance degrades quickly.

So I built an add-on field that lazy loads the TinyMCE editor when someone wants to edit the content of the field. That way only one TinyMCE instance is active at a given time and performance improves significantly.

I’ve used it in a few places and it currently supports both ACF4 and ACF5, but I’d love to get more people using it to see if I’ve missed anything.

You can download and try it out here https://github.com/3pointross/ACF-Lite-WYSIWYG

Any feedback would be great.