Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Returning Custom Field Values (including Taxonomy Terms) on Term archive pages Reply To: Returning Custom Field Values (including Taxonomy Terms) on Term archive pages

• @hube2: Hello John, Thanks for taking a look

As titled ‘Returning Custom Field Values on Term archive pages’… I decided to troubleshoot why no values were been returned/displayed; I enabled the custom field for post types as well.

How do I get custom field values to be displayed on term archive pages?

Hence the objective here is custom field ‘test_field‘ was created with a term location. I later also included locations: post type post & post type custom post‘ as a means of testing.

Results seem to be returned ok for post types.

Hence the questions were:

1 – How do I get custom field values to be displayed on term archive pages? This is my main problem.
    2 – Suggestions on the best way to return/display values that are taxonomy terms (array); avoiding errors like “Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Term could not be converted to string“?
    3 – How can you return these terms if it was a single term vs. multiple and if needed as linkable or non linkable string returned?

@hube2
    : Hope I have addressed your confusion.