Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Repeater Fields and pre_get_posts Reply To: Repeater Fields and pre_get_posts

• To be honest, I don’t know exactly how to correct the problem your having. Usually, when I’m dealing with pre_get_posts problems I do something like this.

add_action('pre_get_posts', 'my_pre_get_posts');
    function my_pre_get_posts($query) {
      print_r($query);
    }

This makes a mess of the site, but then I look at the source so I can see what’s being queried and figure out how to eliminate the ones I don’t want to change or target the one I do.

As far as the if statements, some of them can just be stacked at the beginning of the function, for example, if you never want to modify a query in the admin you can either do this

add_action('pre_get_posts', 'myprefix_query_offset', 1 );
    function myprefix_query_offset(&$query) {
        if (is_admin()) {
            return;
        }
        if ($query->is_home()) {
            return;
        }
    }

or this

add_action('pre_get_posts', 'myprefix_query_offset', 1 );
    function myprefix_query_offset(&$query) {
        if ($query->is_home() || is_admin()) {
            return;
        }
    }

I would look for a way to white list the query you want to change, for example

if (!is_admin() &&
        $query->is_main_query() && 
        !empty($query->query_vars['post_type']) && 
        $query->query_vars['post_type'] == 'post') {
      // only on the main query
      // make changes to the query here
    }

That would narrow it down to posts and the main query, which I think is the query you are looking to change. checking for the main query should eliminate problems with any other query on the site…… which I should have thought of several sentences ago or maybe even when I was making my original comment.