Home › Forums › Bug Reports › Problems manually updating a repeater field via code on a newly inserted post › Reply To: Problems manually updating a repeater field via code on a newly inserted post
I’m having the same issue on a multisite instance, in which I have a child theme (which in no way modifies the core ACF functionality) which takes its ACF field definitions from the parent theme.
1. On the child theme/multi-sites the get_field(‘handle’) returns an int (the number of items in repeater).
2. If I try get_field(‘machine_name’), it returns NULL on the child site (and works perfectly with the parent theme).
3. I have duplicated the EXACT same post_meta on the child, to the same effect. In fact if I migrate the DB info from child -> prod, it still works fine.
4. This bug was introduced during the last wordpress update to 4.6.
5. The only way I’ve been able to patch this bug is by reverting to wordpress 4.5.x
6. In the call to get_field ‘acf_maybe_get_field’ returns no results for child, but proper results from parent.
7. I setup a new twentysixteen theme (non multi-site) instance and was NOT able to reproduce this bug. (I will try setting up a multisite (subdomain) instance to see if it is reproducible there, but I have the feeling that it isn’t related to parent/child, other than the fact that 9 instances (multi-sites) running the parent theme are totally fine, but the 3 child themes are all exhibiting this bug).
8. Let me know if I should open up my own bug report, but this IS the same bug in which acf calls a repeater and “ACF does not know what to do with the value so assumes it is a simple text value.”
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
© 2022 Advanced Custom Fields.