To answer your question, yes – 1 row did appear on all ‘new’ posts when created (initially). My theory now is that on the first post, I did use that field for 1 row.
However, I removed the row from a Post in which it was not being used, so there is no row and just the two field headers and a “Add a Row” button. I updated my instructions for that field to tell authors to start by clicking the Button, which gives them a row to use. If they’re not using that field, they just don’t click the button.
NOW when I click on “add new” (post) the row is NOT there, just the field names, my instructions, and the button, AND my code now WORKS! It only shows my <h5> header and the list of links IF that field is actually used.
Also in checking in my database, the field (meta key) is still there (external_resources) with a value of 0 and no sub-fields (rows) which is fine.
Thank you very much – such a simple fix, it would never have occurred to me to just remove the unused row…..jeesh! <blush>
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
© 2023 Advanced Custom Fields.