Home › Forums › General Issues › Frontend Form not populating right in backend › Reply To: Frontend Form not populating right in backend
1. If you set acf_form() to save a new post, the form shouldn’t be prepopulated at all. Could you please share some screenshots of the issue?
2. It seems that you wrapped the variables in quotes so it won’t show the right value. Also, I’m not sure what is
$value variable. Could you please try the following code instead?
$new_title = $new_title_church_name . '-' . $new_title_date->format('j M Y');
3. The code you have should be working with ACF version 4. But I suggest you use ACF version 5 instead as it’s easier to use.
4. The form should show the error messages if the values don’t pass the validation. You can also use the ‘return’ function to redirect it to a certain page if the post is successfully created. This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_form/?version=4.
5. There’s a ‘fields’ option to do it, but I’m afraid it will only work with the PRO version. This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_form/.
I hope this helps 🙂
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
CPT registration is coming to ACF! We demoed the new feature during the most recent session of ACF Chat Fridays. Check out the summary for the details. https://t.co/k2KQ3WWBAz— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) March 7, 2023
© 2023 Advanced Custom Fields.