Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Image not saving as URL Reply To: Image not saving as URL

• Well, I have it working, but not the way I’d like it to, and there is still a bug in ACF Pro (current version).

The only way I can get it to work is to change how the image is stored to as an ID.

The bug is that regardless of how I select it to be stored (my preference would be as a URL), it stores it as an ID anyway – so changing it to Array or URL has no effect – it still just shows up in the database with an ID number.

BUT regardless of how it is stored, unless I change that setting to *also* be “ID” then I can’t use it using the get_field function.

The ONLY way I can get it to work is to have it set to store as an ID and use the echo wp_get_attachment_image( $imgID, $size ); method, which is not ideal because then WP adds classes and styling that I don’t want and have to override with my own styles, and I am limited to the WP image sizes (although I know I can add my own and have, but in some places I just want to add a one-off image size without having to put it in my functions first) .

If I could just echo the URL, I can structure my own image link using my own sizes and styles and pull in whatever other author meta I want….

Any help would still be welcomed, ideally I’d like to see the bug fixed in a future update – if the option exists to store images as an array or as a URL, it should save to the database using the selected option.