Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO With latest update, repeater fields are not saving and takes forever to load Reply To: With latest update, repeater fields are not saving and takes forever to load

• This depends on the number of rows there are in the repeater, and maybe nested repeaters as well as the number of fields there are on the page that needs to be saved. This is one of the few flaws that I have found in ACF. Every field that’s on the page causes ACF to call update_post_meta() or some other update meta at least twice. This means that there is at least two database calls for every field on the page. WP also tests fields before updating them to see if they are already set and what the value is in some cases.

My personal opinion is that this is a flaw in the way WP handles updating meta values and there are no easy ways around it. I have actually looked at ways to bypass the way WP does this and couldn’t find a solution.

I don’t know why you’d be seeing any difference after an ACF update.

I now take this into consideration when I’m building something and when I think the number of fields is getting too high I look for some ways to break thing up, though that’s not always possible.