I’m not sure what the status of the ticket is but I was experiencing the same problem.
I traced it to a call to the WP object cache (specifically wp_cache_get on line 788 of api-field.php) which was returning 0 (false) for two fields (a true/false field and a select field) but not for the text field.
I didn’t have time to dig any deeper, but rolling back to 18.104.22.168 fixed the issue for me.
I’m not sure if it was related, but the same field weren’t being displayed on the appropriate setting page.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users