Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Using Taxonomy to display custom posts Reply To: Using Taxonomy to display custom posts

• Hey!

So you’re sort of twisting and turning the query around. You start off with terms which you use to query posts which then are used to show terms.

Your code is a bit confusing.. I’ll post a cleaned up version here but first I want to talk about what it does.

So with the current code you fetch ALL terms in the taxonomy systemcontents_category2. You then loop through each term and perform a wp_query which fetches all posts connected to that term.

Then you loop through each post and output the terms name and some information from the post.

Nowhere is $selected being used and I don’t quite get what it is you want to use it for either. You should also be using ACFs API functions like get_field() to fetch the meta values for the post.

If this is not what you need please try to explain further and possibly include a screenshot of your ACF setup.

<?php
    $member_group_terms = get_terms('systemcontents_category2');
    $selected = get_sub_field('system_contents_posts');
    ?>
    <?php foreach ( $member_group_terms as $member_group_term ) endforeach; ?>

<?php
    	$args = array(
    		'post_type' => 'pj_systemcontents2',
    		'posts_per_page' => 400, //unlikely high
    		'tax_query' => array(
    			array(
    				'taxonomy' => 'systemcontents_category2',
    				'field' => 'slug',
    				'terms' => array( $member_group_term->slug ),
    				'operator' => 'IN'
    			)
    		)
    	);
    	$member_group_query = new WP_Query($args);
    	?>
    	<?php if ( $member_group_query->have_posts() ) : ?>
    		<h3><?php echo $member_group_term->name; ?></h3>
    		<?php while ( $member_group_query->have_posts() ) : $member_group_query->the_post(); ?>
    			<?php echo get_field('document-section'); ?>
    			<?php echo get_field('document-reference') . ' ' . get_field('document-sub-section'); ?>
    		<?php endwhile; wp_reset_postdata(); ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>

<?php endforeach; ?>