Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Update value function causes timeout Reply To: Update value function causes timeout

• I don’t really find it weird. I actually find it odd that no this problem did not exist before.

I do know that for as long as I can remember the WP save_post hook is when ACF saves your fields and this has always been done by do_action('acf/save_post') which is why you can hook it both before and after the actual ACF save.

There may have been some changes in WP that happened at the same time that it started happening.

I think that most of the people having a problem with it’s with a front end form, but I could be wrong. For those people I would suggest investigating using the acf/pre_save_post instead.

However, properly removing your action and then adding back in again should not cause the function to stop working completely. The function is already running when you remove it and when it’s added back in.

Here’s the link that the OP gave above https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/save_post#Avoiding_infinite_loops