Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports add_filter('acf/fields/taxonomy/query') bug Reply To: add_filter('acf/fields/taxonomy/query') bug

• Your question got me to digging through the ACF code and testing.

Honestly, I can find this line in the acf code
    add_action('wp_ajax_acf/fields/taxonomy/query', array($this, 'ajax_query'));
    but I don’t see that this line is ever run. This makes me believe that something has changed since that documentation was written, that there is a bug, or that I’m missing something important.

The filters that are applied are when showing checkboxes are these lines in /fields/taxonomy.php line 691

// filter for 3rd party customization
    $args = apply_filters('acf/fields/taxonomy/wp_list_categories', $args, $field);
    $args = apply_filters('acf/fields/taxonomy/wp_list_categories/name=' . $field['_name'], $args, $field);
    $args = apply_filters('acf/fields/taxonomy/wp_list_categories/key=' . $field['key'], $args, $field);

So I tried this and it worked.

function my_taxonomy_query( $args, $field) {
        // modify args
    		//echo 'here'; die;
        $args['orderby'] = 'count';
        $args['order'] = 'ASC';

// return
        return $args;

}

add_filter('acf/fields/taxonomy/wp_list_categories', 'my_taxonomy_query', 10, 2);

I’m going to mark this thread for the developer’s attention and maybe he’ll comment and let us know what’s going on.