Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Flexible Content data still in wp_postmeta after layout removed Reply To: Flexible Content data still in wp_postmeta after layout removed

• I guess this would be more like a feature request. I know that I’ve seen this same topic come up from time to time. Just wanted to let you know that it’s not a bug, or at least that ACF is working the way it’s designed to work. Repeaters, flexible content and even conditional fields require a few more checks in the template files to ensure that you’re only showing what you want to show.

I can see the argument for both deleting and not deleting the data. For my, most of my clients like to change their minds… a lot, and they don’t want to have to re-enter data every time they do. So having the data not deleted is actually a needed feature for me most of the time.

Maybe if E could make the data get deleted through AJAX the way WP core does but also having a setting somewhere to disable the feature? Not sure, I’m not the developer. This forum is really only users helping users.