Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Flexible Content data still in wp_postmeta after layout removed Reply To: Flexible Content data still in wp_postmeta after layout removed

• It feels really broken, maybe because I’m more familiar with Repeater fields. When I am editing a Repeater field in a post, and delete one of the repeated-fields, it deletes both the field (from the admin) and the CONTENT of that field. When I add a field back in again, it adds it back in as a blank field. It consistently works this way no matter when I click the main post Update button.

When I do the same with a Flexible Content row, the row disappears from the admin, but then if I click the ‘+’ button to add a row back in, it appears with all the old content pre-populated. If I delete the row, then Update the post, then add a new row back in, the new row appears blank – but the wp_postmeta from the first deleted row is still in the database and shows up on the front end display (because its contents aren’t blank). And now the only way I can delete the contents of the row I deleted is to go into the database manually and delete them.

I don’t think this is how it’s supposed to work. Is it?