Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Use ACF as multilanguage solution Reply To: Use ACF as multilanguage solution

• It seems like a good idea. There are a few things about WPML that I find I don’t like, performance and the fact that the interface is not as intuitive as I’d like it to be. I’m told that as the number of languages increases that the performance, both front and back end is significantly impacted. Performance with ACF can also be impacted with extremely large field groups, but this can be mitigated to some degree with some thoughtful logic. The other thing that I did not like was the number of warnings and errors that it produced with error reporting on, especially when trying to run cron jobs where the errors caused the cron to break. Granted, it’s been a while since I tried it and they are supposed to be improving it.

It looks like you’re well on your way to creating something that is both quicker and more usable than storing each language as a separate post with all the fields duplicated even when they don’t really need translation. This is a simpler approach and I like simpler approaches without a lot of over thinking.