Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Limit editing profile field by user role Reply To: Limit editing profile field by user role

• I know that this is an old question and you may not be looking for help with it any more. But if you are or there are others that are looking for a possible solution to this.

This might be possible with some creative filtering.

Please keep in mind that I have not tested any of this, the question just gave me a reason to think about it and how this might possibly be solved because I have a similar situation in which I want to have a checkbox that is a readonly field and that checkbox will be set dynamically and then I’m hoping to have another field with conditional logic based on the checkbox field.

Anyway, my possible solutions to this:

1) Create a radio or select field. The choices of this field will be dynamically generated using an acf/load_field filter. The filter function will also set the “read_only” attribute to “1” and set the “value” of the currently logged in user.

2) Create additional fields that use conditional logic based on the first field and set them to only show if the value of the first field is the user role type you want to allow to edit them.

Like I said, I don’t know if this will work or not. If anyone tries it I’d love to here how it works out.