Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Repeater field value not working with Gravity Forms Reply To: Repeater field value not working with Gravity Forms

• OK I finally solved this……..spent hours reading and trying things and finally figured out that I had to get the Post ID first, and make another change from the example I first found, so here is the code that WORKS, I’m posting it in case it might help anyone else trying to use a Repeater Field with values stored in wp_postmeta (not options as the example I found is) to populate a GravityForm dropdown, and needs to limit the values to the individual Post.

I added comments where needed, you can remove those if you use this.

// Replaces GravityForms dropdown with list of values from ACF Repeater field
    add_filter("gform_pre_render_3", "dynamic_populate");
    // replace '_3' with the actual ID from your Gravity Form, mine is form ID 3

function dynamic_populate($form) {
        foreach($form['fields'] as &$field){

if(strpos($field['cssClass'], 'dynamicfield') === false)
                continue;
            //This only auto-populates a field which has the class dynamicfield. If it doesn't then, continue ! Don't forget to add a class to the field you want to dynamically populate in your form. 

global $post;
    		$id = $post->ID; 	//  Important - this is what tells the form to only use values from the individual post, not all posts

global $wpdb;	
    		$rows = $wpdb->get_results($wpdb->prepare( 
                "
                SELECT *
                FROM wp_postmeta
                WHERE post_id = %d AND meta_key LIKE %s 
                ",
    			$id,
    			'room_types_%_room_type'  //enter the actual name of your repeater field and sub-field names, the % is a variable that represents the row number
            ));

$choices = array(array('text' => 'Select Room Type', 'value' => ' '));
            //Default choice for dynamic select field. Value is blank, so if it's required it won't validate, change the text to what you want it to be, e.g. 'Please Choose:'

if( $rows ){
                foreach( $rows as $row ) {
                //If there are results, for each result, find the 'repeater row number'
                    preg_match('_([0-9]+)_', $row->meta_key, $matches);

$meta_key = 'room_types_' . $matches[0] . '_room_type';
                    $value = get_post_meta($post->ID,$meta_key,true);
                    //Get the subfield value from the row.

$choices[] = array('text' => $value, 'value' => $value);
                    //Create an option array for each subfield value.
                }  
            }

$field->choices = $choices;
            //Once we've looped through all of the subfields values and created all of our options, we assign the $choices array (which has all of our new options) to the $field choices property.

}

return $form;
        //Display the new dynamically populated form.
    }