Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How can I send an additional field during ajax requests? Reply To: How can I send an additional field during ajax requests?

• Thanks for the attempt John. I’ve already got the javascript file included properly, though I did not mention this.

The problem with the second piece of code is that it does fire, but it fires after you select an option.

Here is a demonstration: http://gfycat.com/IcyBaggyDore

In that recording, I expect the console to log the event when the ajax data is prepared (as the filter name describes). This would allow me to say “hey ajax call, why don’t you take the value of MAKE with you!”.

The problem though, is that it doesn’t fire immediately. It fires after you select an option.

The reason this is a problem is because I want to filter what shows up in the dropdown, to do this I need to send that value when you click on the dropdown – when it is loading the results – so that I can access that value in my PHP filter (acf/fields/taxonomy/query/name=model_term)

Here’s what SHOULD happen

1. User clicks on dropdown
    2. Value of “Make” is added to ajax request
    3. Ajax request is fired, return a list of options
    4. Dropdown is populated with the returned options
    5. User selects one of the “Models” displayed, which are direct descendents of the “Make” from step 2.

And here is what is CURRENTLY happening:

1. User clicks dropdown
    2. The make is absent from AJAX request
    3. Ajax request is fired, but we cannot filter by the make
    4. Dropdown is populated with either ALL terms, or terms from the PREVIOUSLY SAVED MAKE.
    5. User is confused because either the wrong models are appearing, or a tremendous list (1300 items) is loaded.