Home › Forums › Add-ons › Options Page › Populate dropdown menu from Options page › Reply To: Populate dropdown menu from Options page
@Hube2 thanks for the feedback. My apologies, I should have been a little more clear.
Is it possible to do this in the backend of ACFs? Essentially what we’re trying to build is a lookup field for multiple parts of the backed of WordPress when a user logs in. So what we have is this…
– User is created as a Dealer.
– Dealer’s town is selected from dropdown menu created from Options Page.
– Dealer is saved as new user.
– Dealer then has ability to load new secondhand products.
– Product is loaded and is able to select a dropdown of where that secondhand product is being sold .i.e. a different town populated from the Options Page.
When building out the Dealers Field Group, one of the fields is a dropdown menu. The value of these dropdown menus should not be set in the settings of the Field Group I am setting up but rather draw its values from the Options Page.
We will be doing this again in the SecondHand Field Group where that dropdown’s values need to be pulled from the Options page so that we do not have to duplicate this and it is only ever managed from one point, the Options Page.
Hope this makes sense?
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
🚨 The 2023 ACF Annual Survey closes tomorrow! This is your last chance to complete the survey and help guide the evolution of ACF. https://t.co/0cgr9ZFOJ5— Advanced Custom Fields (@wp_acf) May 18, 2023
© 2023 Advanced Custom Fields.