Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Import Custom Posts via CSV Reply To: Import Custom Posts via CSV

• Yes, I’m in the process of getting ready to set up a copy of the import for them to look at.

There are a couple of major problems I’m seeing.

One of them is importing the content from the wrong column in the CSV into a repeater subfield. I could be wrong, but it appears that if a column contains a / like in a url it imports the content of the previous column.

another is with importing images, it does not import images into an ACF field at all if the images are stored in the local folder and you have to do it by URL.

Then there seems to be a problem importing data into a checkbox field but the error is inconsistent, some work fine and others do not work at all.

Then there is a problem with radio fields if the value you want to set is 0 (Zero) I assume this is being interpreted as false.

One of the biggest problems I see is that only the first 10 to 12 characters of a CSV column heading are significant, making it very hard to create column headings that are friendly for the client to understand what’s supposed to be in them.

Overall, the product is not very client friendly, the interface is designed for someone with experience in development and I dread teaching a non-developer how to use this.