Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Displaying a relationship field on a custom post type taxonomy page Reply To: Displaying a relationship field on a custom post type taxonomy page

• I’m having the same exact problem you have but on my archive-custom-post-type.php page with Advanced Custom Fields Pro latest version.

This is the code i’m using:

<section id="debates-home">
    	<?php 

$the_query = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'debate' , 'orderby' => 'date', 'posts_per_page' => 2 ) ); 
    	if ( $the_query->have_posts() ) : while ( $the_query->have_posts() ) : $the_query->the_post();  

$term = wp_get_post_terms($post->ID, 'area', array("fields" => "names"));
    	$term_slug = wp_get_post_terms($post->ID, 'area', array("fields" => "slugs"));

?>

<article>
    		<?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
    		<div class="info-debate">
    			<a class="category-link" href="<?php echo get_site_url(); ?>/area/<?php echo $term_slug[0] ?>/?post_type=debate"><?php echo $term[0]; ?></a>
    			<h3><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="Ver debate: <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>

<?php 

$posts = get_field('columnas_del_debate');

if( $posts ): ?>
    			    <ul>
    			    <?php foreach( $posts as $post): ?>
    			        <?php setup_postdata($post); ?>
    			        <li>
    			            <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('thumb'); ?></a>
    			            <span class="tooltip">
    			            	<em><?php the_title(); ?></em><br> <?php the_field('autor_de_columna'); ?>
    			            </span>
    			        </li>
    			    <?php endforeach; ?>
    			    </ul>
    			    <?php wp_reset_postdata(); ?>
    			<?php endif; ?>

</div>
    	</article>

<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php wp_reset_postdata(); ?>

<?php else : ?>
    		<p><?php _e( 'Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.' ); ?></p>
    	<?php endif; ?>			
    </section>

The code works fine on my index.php and will break on archive-custom-post-type.php page. The only difference in the code on the archive page is that the loop is just the plain version with no args since I don’t need to modify the loop.

If turn wp_debug on i’ll see the following error on my index.php:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-includes/query.php on line 4618

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-includes/query.php on line 4620

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-includes/query.php on line 4622

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-includes/query.php on line 4623

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-includes/query.php on line 4631

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-includes/query.php on line 4646

I tried what Elliot said before and ACF seems to be working fine cause the array with the related posts appears within the print_r.

Is there a way to use setup_postdata inside the loop on an archive-custom-post-type.php page?

Thanks!

PD: I lost my old forum account, dont know why? Was the forum reset or something?