Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Update ACF field when WooCommerce order status switched to “Processing” Reply To: Update ACF field when WooCommerce order status switched to “Processing”

• So basically we have this field which is shipping number (order_shipping_number)
    that is normally updated manually through manual input on the order page.
    This field is normally updated before the order status is switched to “Completed”.

On some ocasions, users will select different shipping methods,
    based on these shipping methods I am not updating the shipping number (order_shipping_number)
    automatically/programatically when it is set to “processing” (meaning the user has paid the order, so sometimes “Processing” is also switched automatically by the payment processors)
    (I use “woocommerce_order_status_processing” because this is the stage when customer has officially paid for the order.) so that there doesn’t need to be a manual input anymore but this is only for 40% of the orders. So the value still needs to be updated or changed manually sometimes, before the order is set to “completed”.

So I understand that WP save_post hook fires after “woocommerce_order_status_processing”, overwriting the “update_field” that happened.
    But I admit I am not sure what would be the best practice to follow here given this situation