Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How can I send an additional field during ajax requests? Reply To: How can I send an additional field during ajax requests?

• Just in case it can help someone, I was able to accomplish this perfectly for my situation using Elliot’s select2_ajax_data filter suggestion and it’s much simpler than the other methods it seems. I have two taxonomy dropdowns and needed the 2nd one to be filtered by the value of the 1st one. @oscarfanatic ‘s solution got me pointed in the right direction and some other code I found online helped clear the rest up.

Also want to tag @hube2 in case it can help with his awesome efforts of helping people out in the forums.

Here’s how it works:

add_action( 'acf/input/admin_footer', function() {
    	?>
    	<script>
    		( function( $ ) {
    			if ( typeof acf !== 'undefined' ) {
    				acf.add_filter( 'select2_ajax_data', function( data, args, elem, field, instance ) {
    					if ( 'field_648b0852a2448' === data.field_key ) {
    						data.format_id = $( '#acf-field_648b0890a2462' ).val(); // format_id is a custom property being added to the data object. It can be named whatever you want.
    					}
    					return data;
    				} );
    			}
    		} )( jQuery );
    	</script>
    	<?php
    } );

add_filter( 'acf/fields/taxonomy/query/key=field_648b0852a2448', function( $args, $field, $post_id ) {
    	$format_id = $_POST['format_id'] ?? false; // $_POST['format_id'] is the custom property you created in the javascript above
    	if ( $format_id ) {
    		$args['meta_key'] = 'format';
    		$args['meta_value'] = $format_id;
    	}
    	return $args;
    }, 10, 3 );