Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Problem with searching/filtering text field Reply To: Problem with searching/filtering text field

• Thank you John, I realise you are trying to help.

I’ve set up a Field Group containing fields for additional book information (e.g. publisher, publishing year, author, Title, edition no., etc.) which is tied to woocommerce products. Everything works fine woocommerce, wise, etc. but I also need to create and advanced search page or section where customers can search for books.

Above I’ve explained the issue and you are clearly right when you say the issue WP (its search) splits a string into words but this doesn’t seem to be the case with ACF. I’ve tried various plugins for filtering, inc. JetSmart Filters, Filter Everything, Product Filter by WooBeWoo, etc. but the issue remains. When trying to search via the Author custom field, the search only works with EXACT match, which is kind of a disaster from my point of view.

I am just surprised that I haven’t found anyone else having the same problem. I would have thought with the amazing capabilities of ACF, someone would have come up with a way to build a search page where you’d be able to change the conditional logic, etc. And that you would have the option to decided whether you want an EXACT match or partial match on a custom field string. Is this a limitation of ACF perhaps?

Anyhow, thank you for your time and effort and sorry if I am being too much of a newbie.