Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Surely this is the simplest thing?! I can't get it to work Reply To: Surely this is the simplest thing?! I can't get it to work

• The issue is that you are working with Divi, this is what some people call a “Theme Framework”

The first thing is that you will in all likelyhood need to build your own shortcode that can be used. The ACF built in shortcode is only meant for use on the most basic fields.

Another things is that you need to supply ACF with the correct post ID. When using just the field name [acf field="field_name"] ACF tries to determine the post ID and looks at the current post. I don’t know anything about Divi, I do not know if ACF can determine the correct post ID or not when it comes to Divi. If the field is on another post then you must supply the post ID where the field is stored [acf field="field_name" post_id="123"]

See this document and related documents https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/how-to-get-values-from-another-post/

Beyond this you need to look into the proper use of shortcode in Divi. This is not something that I can help you with.