Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues get title from Image ID Reply To: get title from Image ID

• Hi John,

Sorry for my confusing posts!

I will have to try this in the morning, but to start, I made my custom image 1000px by 1000px. Even though this is a different ratio from the original size, this seems to work now?

I thought it would just choose which hit 1000px first (the width or the height) and the other would be proportionate. For example, one of my ACF fields uses my custom image size and now outputs this which seems to be doing as I described

img width=”741″ height=”1000″ src=”https://www.website.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/website-image-741×1000.jpg” alt=”Image of dish” followed by all the other sizes

I need to make the other images sizes more custom, they are all theme defaults except the home_portriat one of 1000px by 1000px. Is this not correct?

I have found the whole responsive images side of ACF incredibly confusing. I understand srcset and retina image when defining set images in html but I can’t get my head around how to use them with ACF.

I was expecting it to be something that looked a little more like media queries, a bit like

$home_portrait[‘sizes’][‘medium’]

@media (max-width:480px) {
    $home_portrait[‘sizes’][‘small’]
    }

that kind of thing (I realise this code is just completely invented but it’s just to illustrate how I thought it would work)

I also would have preferred more control because I am using object fit for images which complicates things a little.