Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Server 500 error trying to update page w/ACF and very high PHP.ini settings.. Reply To: Server 500 error trying to update page w/ACF and very high PHP.ini settings..

• You have 400 rows with 10 fields each, that is 4001 fields including the repeater itself. This does not include any other fields on the page.

max_input_vars is not high enough, but I doubt that is the cause of your issue. This setting being too low would mean that not all of the data would be updated as expected. Missing input might cause the error, but from experience I would say not.

More than likely you are seeing the save time out during the process of updating all of those fields. A browser will time out after about 30 seconds and this is not affected by max execution time. The server will continue to process even after the browser indicates a timeout.

400 rows is a lot and I would have looked at other ways of storing this data than a repeater field if this number was expected.

But there are cases where it cannot be avoided. I have a plugin that I use for this type of problems https://github.com/Hube2/acf-prevent-timeouts