I forgot to mention that we’ll also need extra fields for a label and activating “target=’blank'”.
So for places where internal and external links can be used, we are forced to use:
– a switch to choose between inserting an internal/external link;
– a post object or page link field for internal links;
– a url field for external links;
– a switch to activate “target=’blank'”;
– a text field for the label/text on a button/link.
All of these could be replaced by using the link field, if only it’d update the actual url when a slug changes.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users