Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Restrict editor ACF capability Reply To: Restrict editor ACF capability

• Is there a way to restrict the editing of specific ACF fields — in particular, just the ones I create in my theme or plugin? I have a theme I support on single and multisite networks, and using this approach lets me make sure individual site admins can’t mess up the JSON ACF field definitions in multisite networks, but it also is a pretty big hammer — it blocks site-level admins on multisite networks from editing any ACF field groups at all, even if other plugins/local custom work is intended to be done in the ACF GUI.

Have you ever considered extending the ACF JSON feature so that on multisite networks, it would allow changes to ACF Field Groups that would be site specific, and not network wide, at least as an option? I could see this just extending the current approach, by creating site-id based subfolders in the ACF-JSON folder, and then reading/writing changes done at the local site level to those JSON files, and only let the network admin make changes that would be applied to the core JSON files.