Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues How to store a repeater row number as a value in another field Reply To: How to store a repeater row number as a value in another field

• Yes I understand that repeater row order can change and that rows can be deleted. This is why I’m asking what the best solution is to add a unique value for a repeater row and then to store this value in another post that references the repeater row.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to with “permanent_email_address”. We are storing mailing addresses, not email addresses. And nothing is permanent as anything in the universe can change, which is what this whole process is meant to achieve – letting users add new mailing addresses while always keeping intact previous posts that reference previous addresses.

What I’m doing now is adding a “unique_id” field to the repeater row so that there’s something unique / unchanging about each repeater row to store elsewhere. Then I can add this unique_id value to any other post when I want to reference a specific row of a repeater.

I’m just not sure if this is the most efficient way to achieve this goal.

Thanks!