Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Removing Non-Numeric Characters from ACF Form Reply To: Removing Non-Numeric Characters from ACF Form

• I did that but for some reason it made the field disappear. What I really want to do is to strip non-numeric characters before it is submitted.

I looked at this forum thread that you previously answered before John: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/limit-field-value-to-letters-only-with-no-numbers/ and it did not work. This is what I did:

1. I placed this code into the __construct function of the main plugin php file (the php file with the same name as the plugin). This is the code:

add_filter(‘acf/validate_value/name=sell_price’, ‘allow_only_floats’, 20, 4);
    add_filter(‘acf/validate_value/name=buy_price’, ‘allow_only_floats’, 20, 4);

function allow_only_floats($valid, $value, $field, $input) {
    if (!$valid) {
    return $valid;
    }
    if (preg_replace(‘/[^0-9.]/’, $value)) {
    return ‘Only numbers are accepted’;
    }
    return $valid;
    }

2. When I put in non-numeric characters, it was still being saved with those non-numeric characters.
    3. I’m not really sure what the “20” and “4” values mean, but I just copied it from your previous form post.

Where could I go from here?