Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues ACF form validation messages not showing in safari Reply To: ACF form validation messages not showing in safari

• So i have done some additional digging and found out that the validation message appears on Safari if you use any field that is not a field type of Text or Text Area. As soon as you add a field type Text or Text Area it does not validate properly with the ACF error messages, just plain standard Safari html validation “Fill out this field”. I can see that no kind of javascript is fired in the dom to add specific classes such as is-invalid in the form or find any acf notices.

This is how the form markup looks like when validation error occurs on Chrome, firefox, IE11, Edge:
    <form id="acf-form" class="acf-form is-invalid" action method="post">

This is how the form markup looks like when validation error occurs on Safari:
    <form id="acf-form" class="acf-form" action method="post">

I have tried this on a clean WP installation with only ACF to really exclude any other conflict. So the issue seem to be with validation of field types Text and Text Area where the javascript does not fire off.

Anyone else keen to reproduce this and check? My conclusion is that this is a bug in ACF.

By the way the forum system is very buggy it seems. This is my 10th time trying to submit a reply.