Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How can I send an additional field during ajax requests? Reply To: How can I send an additional field during ajax requests?

• @hube2 thanks a ton for your reply. Truth is I solved this earlier today, slightly differently than your proposed solution, but still it’s solved. I’ll post the code that I used, and I’ll elaborate on it later.

add_filter('acf/fields/post_object/result/name=screening_cinema', 'add_parent_to_cinema_options', 10, 4);
    function add_parent_to_cinema_options($text, $post, $field, $post_id)
    {
        if ($post->post_parent) {
            $text .= ' | ' . __('Parent', 'acf') . ': ' . get_the_title($post->post_parent);
        }

return $text;
    }

add_action('acf/input/admin_footer', 'add_js_for_disabling_cinema_options');
    function add_js_for_disabling_cinema_options() {
        ?>
        <script type = "text/javascript">
        (function($) {
            acf.add_filter('select2_ajax_results', function(json, params, instance) {
                if (instance.data.field.data.name === 'screening_cinema') {
                    json.results.forEach(function(element) {
                        if (typeof element.description === "undefined") {
                            element.disabled = "true";
                        }
                    });
                }

return json;
            });
        })(jQuery);
        </script>
        <?php
    }

First of all, I noticed in includes/fields/class-acf-field-post_object.php at lines ~259-275 the following piece of code:

// vars
    		$result = array(
    			'id'	=> $id,
    			'text'	=> $text
    		);

// look for parent
    		$search = '| ' . __('Parent', 'acf') . ':';
    		$pos = strpos($text, $search);

if( $pos !== false ) {

$result['description'] = substr($text, $pos+2);
    			$result['text'] = substr($text, 0, $pos);

}

According to this, it’s possible to add a description and a text param in the json object used in acf.add_filter(‘select2_ajax_results’, function(json, params, instance)

That’s why I used the filter add_filter(‘acf/fields/post_object/result/name=screening_cinema’) to first add the parent part in the text shown, and then in the JS function I searched for the existence of the description param to decide whether I’ll disable the option or not.

Different approach than yours, the same effect and maybe a bit faster, as I’m not creating that whole bunch of top-category IDs. Plus, I liked that for the selected option, I get this | Parent: <parent title> in the dropdown so that I know exactly what parent the selection belongs to.

screenshot

PS: The website is localized to my language that’s why you see that ” | Γονέας:” term in place of the ” | Parent:”.

Anyway, thanks a million for your help! Regards.