Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Relationship between 3 CPTs Reply To: Relationship between 3 CPTs

• Oh thank you for taking the time to post!

After reading your answer i realize that not only i dont really need a circular relation but the circular relation does not work as i want.

It cant work because:

From a University, i am able to add/remove a Faculty from my field. (also the other way around)
    From a Faculty, i am able to add/remove Programmes from my field. (also the other way around)
    From a Programme i am able to add/remove Programmes from my field. (also the other way around).

But the associated programmes between Faculties <-> Programmes are different than the associated programmes between University <-> Programmes. (because it requires 2 unique relational fields, not 3)

It is a relief to know that Faculties can act like the middleman, the connector that associates Universities and Programs and i can go back and forth from A to C through B with PHP. So if University has Faculties and Faculty has Programmes, by association, a University has Programmes.

What i was looking for is to be able to add/remove Programmes from University (also the other way around).

From a University, i am able to add/remove a Faculty from my field. (also the other way around)
    From a Faculty, i am able to add/remove Programmes from my field. (also the other way around)
    But i am unable to add/remove Programmes from University (also the other way around).

That is what i really need.