Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Programmatically inserting field with update_field() does not at _field_key meta Reply To: Programmatically inserting field with update_field() does not at _field_key meta

• Sorry, I went off on a tangent with my last post. Not saying it was an issue, just that the issues can get complex depending on the interaction filters and actions.

I really can’t explain why the data is not showing up on the front end but it is in the admin and shows after you do an update. The only thing that I know of that will cause this is that the field key reference for the field is not saved correctly. Or it could be that the data is not saved in the field correctly and ACF is somehow correcting this on the admin page load (although I can’t think of any instance where this could happen.) And I can’t tell from the code you’ve supplied what could be causing this to happen.

I would look at a specific field that is not showing on the front end. I would look in the database and record all of the DB entries for that field, sub fields, etc. Then I’d save the post so that the data appears and then look for specific differences.