Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Applied location rules not saving Reply To: Applied location rules not saving

• Hi Elliot,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for picking this up late, but I created a work-around shortly after posting (splitting the layout controller into multiple parts), although that is not really sustainable long-term as it doesn’t allow for enough control over the content.

The flexible layout contains 13 individual layouts, and a total of 43 different fields from 2 to 6 per layout. The post_meta field for the layout options has 24844 characters in the meta_value field.

It works in the dev environment but not on the production server. We’ve tried upping the memory_limit in the php.ini file, although this then works on one of the dev machines but not the other (but still not in production).

Can you think of any other bottle neck that might cause this to fail? It fails depending on the particular ACF we’re using, sometimes they don’t allow new rules (with meta_key = “rule”) to be written and sometimes they don’t allow new layouts to be added. There is no obvious “fail” as such, when the ACF is updated, it simply reloads the page as one would expect, although the new changes have not been added. If I start a new field from scratch, it behaves as expected up to the point where it gets “large”, although I have not been able to identify exactly where that point is I’m afraid.

We’re at a bit of a loss, but if you have any thoughts, we’d appreciate hearing them.

Many thanks!