Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Select first row in flexible content Reply To: Select first row in flexible content

• Hi,

I’ve gotten close thanks to stumbling onto this post from the old support site http://goo.gl/flryRN

I’ve had to amended it a little for my needs & it isn’t perfect at all, but maybe we can get to a better solution together?

You will need to use Relevanssi, with this code added to your functions.php file…

// Get Relevanssi to display excerpts from your custom fields
    add_filter('relevanssi_excerpt_content', 'excerpt_function', 10, 3); function excerpt_function($content, $post, $query) {

global $wpdb; $fields = $wpdb->get_col("SELECT DISTINCT(meta_key) FROM $wpdb->postmeta");

foreach($fields as $key => $field){ $field_value = get_post_meta($post->ID, $field, TRUE); $content .= ' ' . ( is_array($field_value) ? implode(' ', $field_value) : $field_value ); }

$content = preg_replace($wordlist, '', $content);

return $content; }

This works, but (and there is a but) it seems to display post revisions, so if you’re like me and use Latin as place holders for dummy content during the build process, it shows up in the results. Also, it seems to show the custom field IDs at times too, depending where your search term shows up in the order of the ACF field content.

I’ve not figured out a solution to the revisions yet, but to remove the IDs I’ve tweaked the code for this…

// Get Relevanssi to display excerpts from your custom fields
    add_filter('relevanssi_excerpt_content', 'excerpt_function', 10, 3); function excerpt_function($content, $post, $query) {

global $wpdb; $fields = $wpdb->get_col("SELECT DISTINCT(meta_key) FROM $wpdb->postmeta");

foreach($fields as $key => $field){ $field_value = get_post_meta($post->ID, $field, TRUE); $content .= ' ' . ( is_array($field_value) ? implode(' ', $field_value) : $field_value ); }

// Remove random terms from showing in the search. These are related to the names of the ACF field names
    $wordlist = array('acf_id_1', 'acf_id_2', 'acf_id_3', 'acf_id_4');
    foreach ($wordlist as &$word) {
        $word = '/\b' . preg_quote($word, '/') . '\b/';
    }

$content = preg_replace($wordlist, '', $content);

// The excerpt ready with bits removed from it
    return $content; }

Again, not ideal, but works of sorts.