Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Date Picker fields in Repeaters gone wrong after WP 5.3 update Reply To: Date Picker fields in Repeaters gone wrong after WP 5.3 update

• Hi all,

Elliot here – ACF dev.

Thanks for the bug report. I am currently reviewing similar tickets both on our helpdesk and the WordPress trac. This issue looks to be related to the use of date_default_timezone_set() within WordPress 5.3, and is not specific to ACF, but will also affect other parts of WP such as “scheduled posts’.

Please read this reply from one of the WordPress moderators: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/read-this-first-wordpress-5-3-master-list/#post-12124062

If my prediction is correct, the values saved into the DB (from our date related field types) should be correct. The problem occurs only when loading the value via get_field() which will “format” the value via the date_i18n() function, triggering the issue caused by the use of date_default_timezone_set().

Please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue by removing the date_default_timezone_set() function from your theme / plugin. This will provide helpful feedback to myself and the WP team 🙂