Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Standard image sizes are displayed as available preview sizes though unset Reply To: Standard image sizes are displayed as available preview sizes though unset

• hi elliot. well in the first place it was a concern that the standard sizes haven’t been unset and removed properly and that that that might lead into troubles in the long. also i was worried that wordpress might create those image sizes too and clutter my uploads folder with unwanted weight.

the other concern has vanished. i was just worried in the case e.g. “medium” gets selected as preview size and this image size doesn’t exist it might lead into trouble. you never know what the user in front of wp might actually do. 😉 but i’ve tested, i am using the unset thumbnail format and afc is previewing the image properly anyway. so that part is probably ok. and there are still only the image sizes i’ve defined inside the uploads folder.

those points aside but wouldn’t it be cleaner anyway if acf would pull the formats of preview sizes dynamically from the list of available sizes. in the case thumbnail, medium and large are unset they couldn’t show up. just looks odd and confusing 😉 , but i know it behaves right so it is ok if know about that behaviour.