Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues problems with post edit/add Reply To: problems with post edit/add

• Let’s start with a ref,I am trying to follow tutorial:http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/tutorials/creating-a-front-end-form/

Clarifiaction when I say I am setting 'post_id' => $post->ID to a specific number i mean changing this to 'post_id' => 464 found on permalink AND added $options variable to the same file of the themes’templates’ php code.

That works, however you normally need to set the post_id from a page that queries wp_query and comes up with $post=>ID. You also normally need not to use the <?php the_post(); ?> and instead add a textarea or WYSIWYG to actually change the content&title.( i guess with the html_after_fields property/attribute)

It is extraordinary and seems improbable that you took spended so much effort to render acf_form and not have included standardfields, so please check your referrences and documentation for any hints or refferences

I also needed to display a list of posts with an edit link to point to the page using the template that will ‘fetch’ the $post=>ID