Support

Solving

Wrap labels and descriptions with __() in the PHP Export file

Home Forums General Issues Wrap labels and descriptions with __() in the PHP Export file

• usaphp

• August 21, 2013 at 7:30 am

Hi there, first of all – awesome plugin. Quick quesion: when I do a php export for my settings, is there a way to wrap every field label and description in the outputted php code with a __() for easier translation with POEDIT?

• elliot

• August 21, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Hi @usaphp

Yes, I’ll add this into the next version.

Nice

Thanks
      E

• BaLu

• September 15, 2013 at 7:37 am

Weee! I was about to crate post for this topic and now I fount it on To-do.. sweeet!

Code that I’m using right now:

// add the __() function to specific strings for translation in theme
        $html = preg_replace("/'title'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'title'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'label'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'label'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'instructions'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'instructions'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'button_label'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'button_label'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'placeholder'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'placeholder'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'message'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'message'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'prepend'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'prepend'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
        $html = preg_replace("/'append'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'append'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);

The ‘acf_export’ helps out to find and replace it with theme text domain.
        This helps out, but could make some improvements and find a way to add translation functions to choices.

• BaLu

• September 16, 2013 at 2:41 am

Ok I created a new code:

// add the __() functions for theme translations (by BaLu.LT)
          $ignore_keys = array(
          	'id',
          	'key',
          	'name',
          	'type',
          	'field',
          	'operator',
          	'value',
          	'allorany',
          	'formatting',
          	'position',
          	'layout',
          	'save_format',
          	'preview_size',
          	'library',
          	'param',
          	'toolbar',
          	'media_upload',
          	'date_format',
          	'display_format',
          	'return_format',
          	'taxonomy',
          	'field_type',
          	'default_value'
          );
          $ikeys = "";
          foreach ( $ignore_keys as &$ikey ) $ikeys .= "(?<!\'" . $ikey . ")";
          $regular_expression = "/((?<=" . $ikeys . "\' => )\'.+\'(?=,))/";
          $html = preg_replace( $regular_expression, "__($1, 'acf_export')", $html );

Few things to mention:
          No translation support for ‘default_value’ using it as default text (alternative: placeholder)
          No translation support for choices with identically matched keys to any of $ignore_keys or if it’s an integer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.