Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Wrap labels and descriptions with __() in the PHP Export file

Solving

Wrap labels and descriptions with __() in the PHP Export file

• Hi there, first of all – awesome plugin. Quick quesion: when I do a php export for my settings, is there a way to wrap every field label and description in the outputted php code with a __() for easier translation with POEDIT?

• Hi @usaphp

Yes, I’ll add this into the next version.

Nice

Thanks
    E

• Weee! I was about to crate post for this topic and now I fount it on To-do.. sweeet!

Code that I’m using right now:

// add the __() function to specific strings for translation in theme
    $html = preg_replace("/'title'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'title'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'label'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'label'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'instructions'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'instructions'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'button_label'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'button_label'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'placeholder'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'placeholder'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'message'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'message'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'prepend'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'prepend'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);
    $html = preg_replace("/'append'(.*?)('.+?',)/", "'append'$1__($2 'acf_export'),", $html);

The ‘acf_export’ helps out to find and replace it with theme text domain.
    This helps out, but could make some improvements and find a way to add translation functions to choices.

• Ok I created a new code:

// add the __() functions for theme translations (by BaLu.LT)
    $ignore_keys = array(
    	'id',
    	'key',
    	'name',
    	'type',
    	'field',
    	'operator',
    	'value',
    	'allorany',
    	'formatting',
    	'position',
    	'layout',
    	'save_format',
    	'preview_size',
    	'library',
    	'param',
    	'toolbar',
    	'media_upload',
    	'date_format',
    	'display_format',
    	'return_format',
    	'taxonomy',
    	'field_type',
    	'default_value'
    );
    $ikeys = "";
    foreach ( $ignore_keys as &$ikey ) $ikeys .= "(?<!\'" . $ikey . ")";
    $regular_expression = "/((?<=" . $ikeys . "\' => )\'.+\'(?=,))/";
    $html = preg_replace( $regular_expression, "__($1, 'acf_export')", $html );

Few things to mention:
    No translation support for ‘default_value’ using it as default text (alternative: placeholder)
    No translation support for choices with identically matched keys to any of $ignore_keys or if it’s an integer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wrap labels and descriptions with __() in the PHP Export file’ is closed to new replies.