Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports WP 3.9 breaks wysiwyg editor

Solved

WP 3.9 breaks wysiwyg editor

• Hi,

Testing WP 3.9 I realized that the wysiwyg editor in ACF for text-fields is broken/not showing. I just get plain text without wysiwyg editor.

There is a lot of improvements for the original WP wysiwyg editor in 3.9, maybe ACF can benefit from that. Some kind of update must be necessary I think.

Keep up the VERY good work, and thanks! 🙂

• Hi,

I’m also really curious if you are planning on supporting the 3.9 version as soon as they release it. I started building a custom WYSIWYG, but just figured out they completely change tinyMCE from api3 to api4. So it might be easier.

Thanks again for these amazing plugins!

Steph

• Same here, TinyMCE breaks down. These are the errors I’m getting:

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tinymce-advanced/tinymce-advanced.php on line 308

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tinymce-advanced/tinymce-advanced.php on line 309

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tinymce-advanced/tinymce-advanced.php on line 319

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tinymce-advanced/tinymce-advanced.php on line 320

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/input.php on line 94

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/input.php on line 94

• Hi, I’d also like to report this issue. I’m getting the same error messages as phantasmix.

• I’ve lost the ‘html’ button on my WYSIWYG content boxes. Any help? Also, tinymce doesn’t show any ‘html’ buttons anywhere.

Thank you for any help!!

• It looks like it might be a conflict with TinyMCE Advanced and WordPress 3.9 together?

I updated to 3.9, then updated TinyMCE Advanced. Started getting the error messages.

Then I rolled back the database and files to the previous 3.8 version of WordPress. The tinyMCE Advanced is still upgraded I think, but no more error messages.

• Yes, it’s a 3.9 issue. Everything was fine before the upgrade.

• I had the same, but have noticed updating to the latest (https://github.com/elliotcondon/acf/archive/master.zip) seems to resolve it.

Give it a go and see what happens

• Lost the HTML button as well, but so far, no luck in getting the issue resolved. I updated to the latest version, via the link above, and the “HTML” button on the sink WYSIWYG has yet to show up.

• TinyMCE updated the plugin last night, that fixed it for me.

• Yep, TinyMCE Advanced update worked for me as well. No more conflict that I can see.

• The Wysiwyg editor field is working for me minus the missing HTML button. Which I really need!!

• I’m not sure if the sequence matters, but I deactivated Tiny, upgraded it, then reactivated it again. Visual/Text switch tabs are working for me.

• I’m not using the TinyMCE Advanced Plugin. I did an experiment with a clean WP Install that was on version 3.83. Installed ACF, Wysiwyg display HTML button. Updated to 3.9 HTML button disappeared

• upgrading acf to the newest stable fixed the issue for me

• Its not saying I have any updates in the WordPress admin

• Update released today fixed it. Thank You!!

• Well well. Glad so many found this useful, and that you have sites that works now 🙂

My wysiwyg editor is still down, both the standard, and the minimal that comes with ACF – It is down on both post, pages and CPTs.

If I deactivae ACF everything is good. If I activate again, the wysiwyg-bar disappears again 🙁

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Tried to downgrade wp to 3.8.1 No succes.
    Downgraded to ACF 4.6.4 – No succes.

Upgraded wp to 3.9 again. No succes.
    Upgraded to ACF 4.6.8. No succes.

I’m all out of luck here. Oh dear forum please show me the light :/

• Oh my. At first I thought 3.9 was creating issues, but when I updated to RC1 the problem was solved for a moment. Then I added a small snippet to functions.php to parse scripts. That made the same fault, so I assumed it was ACF having a problem, as the fault was similar to the “old” fail. Then I forgot about the snippet. Now I have deleted it, and everything works again. Sorry for fuzzing about that one.

I can report all a-okay after RC2 and ACF 4.3.8. Thanks.

PS: Bad snippet:

function defer_parsing_of_js ( $url ) {
    if ( FALSE === strpos( $url, '.js' ) ) return $url;
    if ( strpos( $url, 'jquery.js' ) ) return $url;
    return "$url' defer ";
    }
    add_filter( 'clean_url', 'defer_parsing_of_js', 11, 1 );
  • I have yet to test out the latest update, due to not wanting to break anything further, but from the looks of it, the latest version of ACF should have resolved the issue.

Since I really needed a fix, the day I posted on this thread, I decided to use TinyMCE Advanced ( via http://wordpress.org/plugins/tinymce-advanced/ ) as a work around to the issue stated above.

TinyMCE brings back the WYSIWYG options that are removed.

================================================================
    Download Latest Version: ACF 4.3.8 http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/advanced-custom-fields.zip
    ACF Change Log as of 05.07.2014

Validation: Fixed disabled button issue in WP 3.9
    WYSIWYG field: Fixed missing tinyMCE buttons in WP 3.9

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘WP 3.9 breaks wysiwyg editor’ is closed to new replies.