Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Relationship Field Conflict with The Events Calendar 3.0

Solved

Relationship Field Conflict with The Events Calendar 3.0

• Cross-posted from: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/interferes-with-acf-relationship-field?replies=4

————————–

I’m running The Events Calendar 3.0, Advanced Custom Fields 4.1.6 (and up to 4.1.8.1), and WordPress 3.5.2. The issue is resolved if using The Events Calendar 2.0.10 or 2.0.11

For some reason, when The Events Calendar is activated, I cannot use the ACF Relationship Field unless it is only selecting tribe_events posts. Disabling the plugin suddenly fixes the issue. I see that the data for the ACF field remains in the database even when it can’t be seen, so it seems that The Events Calendar is somehow interfering with retrieval and saving of the field value. Other fields seem to work, so I wonder if this is somehow a post_type issue, but I’m stuck.

• Hi @mrwweb

Thanks for the bug report. I’ll add this to the to-do.

in the meantime, how are you with debugging? Would you mind editing the core/fields/relatinoship.php file and playing around with the update_value function to find the issue?

• I’m not the best but I’m willing to try.

• Running a var_dump on the $value before and after the foreach loop in update_value shows that the value is the same before and after. Trying to save one relationship field with one post selected gives me this: array(1) { [0]=> string(1) "8" }

As I mentioned earlier, the value can be set without The Events Calendar activated and, when activated it hides the values and doesn’t allow updating but also doesn’t delete the values. When you deactivate it again, the values selected before activating are back and visible.

In addition, this also effects the_field()/get_field() which similarly cannot access the value stored in the DB when TEC is activated even though the data is still there.

I’ll dig some more…

• I too am having this problem.

• It does look as though this is a problem with The Events Calendar though, not ACF: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/interferes-with-acf-relationship-field?replies=4

• Yup, I’m with @shauny. This always felt like a TEC problem and it seems to be more and more clear that it is. However, let’s not quite resolve this thread yet until we’ve got a resolution. Just in case… 🙂

• I’m seeing this too – bummer! Deactivated TEC and the values are shown in the control panel again (they were always correct in the front-end display).

• This was resolved in version 3.0.2 of The Events Calendar.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Relationship Field Conflict with The Events Calendar 3.0’ is closed to new replies.