Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Post category rule isn't limiting category

Solved

Post category rule isn't limiting category

• I have set up a location rule for my field group:

Post Category is equal to Category Example

Problem is, it’s not actually limiting the field group to my “Category Example” posts. The field group shows up in all categories.

I also tried adding rules for “Post Category” “is not equal to” “Other Category” for each of the other categories but then the fields won’t show up even with the “is equal to” category.

Thanks for your help

• Hi @cerulean

Can you please include a screenshot of the field group showing the location rules?

Thanks
    E

• Sure. Here goes.

• I can provide an admin login if needed to help resolve. Thanks.

• Hi @cerulean

If you create a post, select the correct category and save the post. Does the reloaded page show the fields?

• Yes, when I click the correct category, then the fields appear. The problem is the same thing happens when I click the wrong category (any category).

• Hi @cerulean

Thanks for all the info. Yes, can you please post some login credentials for me?

Just mark the reply as ‘private’

Thanks
    E

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @cerulean

Thanks for the details. I’ve logged in and yes, I can see the issue.

For some reason, ACF is posting multiple category values off to the AJAX call even when the page has no categories selected…

I’ll do some local testing and find a solution soon.

Cheers
    E

• Hi @cerulean

The issue was a strange one, but I’ve tracked it down and fixed it.

A plugin you use (Post Expirator) is creating extra category check-boxes on the page which are being read by ACF and posted to the AJAX compare function.

I have added a fix to the JS that now makes sure the check-box it see’s is visible and not disabled.

Your version of ACF now contains this patch and it will also be included in the next version of ACF.

Cheers
    E

• Hi elliot,

I met the same problem. But my backend is in Chinese. Could post the detail solution here? Or could you just send it to me? I set equal or not euqual, the fields show up in all posts all categories.

Urgent!…Could you help me out? Thank you in advance.

• Hi @cerulean

You can download the latest version of ACF here:
    https://github.com/elliotcondon/acf

This version contains the fix which is found in the JS/input/ajax.js

Cheers
    E

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Post category rule isn't limiting category’ is closed to new replies.