Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Pagination on Gallery Items

Solving

Pagination on Gallery Items

• I was wondering what the best method for “Pagination” would be on gallery items?

Is this possible?

• Hi,

if you want single-page pagination, you could use a jQuery plugin, for instance http://flaviusmatis.github.io/simplePagination.js/ . You can feed it your entire gallery and it will do the heavy lifting for you.

If you want multi-page pagination (where each page shows part of your gallery), you can use any simple php approach for pagination – and just query the part of the gallery you need on each page.

Unless you’re experienced with PHP, I suggest you take the first approach.

• I’d rather stick to something more native to WordPress, so the second route would be better…but I’m not sure what you mean by:

just query the part of the gallery you need on each page.

I do work with PHP, but I’m not sure how to get pagination to work on images.

• Well, create a page with a url like this

site.com/articles/article_with_gallery/page1

You assign the ACF gallery to “article_with_gallery” and you grab the last part of the URL (“page1”), substring the “page” away and you get the current position for the gallery (=show first image on this page).

Then you just display the first image from the gallery (it’s a simple array). For the next page, the next gallery image.

The navigation (previous/next gallery image) simply takes you to the next/previous page in the URL.

• That’s an interesting concept…I will try it out and see how it works.

• Hi just wondering how I would go about implementing the http://flaviusmatis.github.io/simplePagination.js/ method for a single page pagination function on an ACF gallery?

I tried to implement from the instructions on their website but I’m not sure how to feed the gallery through to get pagination.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pagination on Gallery Items’ is closed to new replies.