Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Network Shared Media Compatibility

Solving

Network Shared Media Compatibility

• I’m having issues integrating the ACF plugin with the Network Shared Media plugin.

Use case, i have a multisite installation. I create a custom field that has an image field. I want to be able to link to an image on another ‘site’.

If i hit the ‘add image’ button i get a view popup but cannot see the shared media tab as i do from the WYSIWIG editor. I get the same interface as the ‘featured image’ for a post.

I’m not suggesting that this is the responsibility of ACF to integrate with NSM but perhaps you could give me some pointers on where to start if i was to attempt to extend and implement this myself?

I’d like to change the functionality of ACF to allow the image dialogue from the standard ‘add media’ interface to be used.

Thanks…

• Hi @phil.fuse

Currently the ACF image field does not support the sidebar tabs, so your best bet is to use a WYSIWYG field and insert the image into that.

The WYSIWYG field contains the media button with no limitations.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    E

• Thanks for the rapid reply.

There are additional issues with using the WYSIWYG as it often wraps html in additional P and img tags whereby i just want the URL.

I was going to take a look at actually hooking into the other dialogue so that NSM also get’s hooked in (or vice versa).

• Any news on this? There seems no other plugin that does what Network Shared Media does, and pre-WP 3.5 WP-uploader-hacks don’t work on later WP versions.

Since duplicating media is such a hassle (since WP allows separate exports of everything but media), if we could get an updated image field in a new version, it would be an outright godsend for lots of people (including us!)

I really hope you find a solution, so multisite can be done ‘the right way’ where structure and content differs but not the images. Will you help us, Elliot? 🙂

• I’m having the same issue with ACF Pro 5.0.8.
    It would be great to keep using image field with Network Shared Media on Multisite.

Thanks

• Yea, I too am in desperate need to get this functionality to be compatible with advanced custom fields. A wysiwyg editor wouldn’t be an option since I just need a background image set with the image… would be so much easier if I could just pick the image from another site.

• I also need this. Anybody has their own solution to this?

Hope ACF can make this as an option to the image field in the future!

• Same issue with the “gallery” field.
    I really hope that ACF is about to add the feature, also we can’t add a external media or other sidebar functionality…

• Has anyone tried to do a MYSQL TRIGGER on the posts table so that whenever a media item (attachment) is added it will trigger the database to copy it to the other WP post tables? That way all post tables on all multisites would effectively have the same library.

• +11 for this feature! Anybody has their own solution to this yet?

• Hi Elliot,

Thanks for the great work on this plugin— always the first one I install on all projects.

Most of the work I do is multilingual using the multisite approach. This incompatibility has been a burden from the beginning, but has really hit a serious problem for my most recent client who is a pro photographer.

For complex portfolio layouts involving flexible content and repeater fields, the WYSIWYG field workaround is simply not an option.

I have no idea what’s involved to add the “sidebar” functionality/compatibility, but given this thread is over 2 years old, I would love to hear if this is even in the works? …please say it is 🙂

Thanks a lot!

• Running into the same problem here. But an issue since late 2013 so probably this has no priority?

• Hi,

is there still no development on this subject?

• hey,
    guys i am also having the same issue. please anyone can provide solution for this??
    thanks in advance.
    best regards!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Network Shared Media Compatibility’ is closed to new replies.