Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) My Field Group position can't move from the sidebar

Solving

My Field Group position can't move from the sidebar

• I originally had my Field Group over my content, then I moved it to the sidebar… all went well. Then I decided to move it below the content area, but it didn’t move! I tried to change the position to above the content area again, and it still didn’t move… Now I feel sad!

• Hi @pjeaje

Can you please be more specific as to what you mean by ‘move’?

Do you mean, you drag / drop the metabox around the edit page?
    Do you mean that you changed the position option in the field group setting?

• Yes, I meant changed the position option in the field group setting – as it is now my field group setting has “High (after title)” as the postion, yet in fact the field group is below the content field. I only managed to move it from the sidebar by 1. changing the styling to a Standard Metabox then dragging it the Wp way.

I suspect it may be a plugin interferring… are there any known issues with this?

• Hi @pjeaje

I think the issue is that as soon as you drag / drop to re-order the metabox, ACF has no control over it because WP does it’s ‘remember my order’ thing.

I don’t have a solution for this one at the moment other than to edit the DB and find the row containing your user’s order data and just delete it!

Good luck
    Cheers
    E

• I was having this exact same problem and it was driving me crazy. I suspected caching, permissions, nothing seemed to work until I saw this post – and you’re right, the metabox HAD been dragged & reordered by hand. Dragging the box from the sidebar into the main area worked for me too, but it’s definitely not something I thought of right away haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My Field Group position can't move from the sidebar’ is closed to new replies.