Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Image uploaded to post not working with live edit.

Solving

Image uploaded to post not working with live edit.

• Hi,

The “upload to post” filter that the image field has doesn’t appear to be working with the Live Edit plugin.

Here’s the scenario.
    I have a custom post type called projects.
    A user can create their own project and then add images to it via the repeater field and the image field. The front end functionality is coming from the Live Edit plugin. To prevent users having access to all images on the site i’ve set the image field to “upload to post” which on the backend only shows images attached to that post, but when I use Live Edit all images are being shown. the Live Edit screen is saying “uploaded to this post” but it’s not actually doing it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

• On further inspection I see this problem is only happening if I delete all images from the post.

• Hi @nicgranleese

What do you mean by delete all images from the post?

Do you mean, that it works fine, until you have deleted all images? Can you explain how / where you are deleting all the images?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

When a user edits a page with Live Edit that already has images loaded (image field, repeater field) and then deletes all images from the post, the live edit screen goes back to showing all media items, instead of the ones associated with the post.

Nic

• Hi @nicgranleese

What do you mean by delete all images from the post? Do you mean, delete them from the DB via the WP medi popup delete button? Or do you mean simply remove the ACF value (x button over the image)

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

It happens when I remove the ACF value (x button of the image).
    If I delete all images from a repeater field then live edit defaults back to all media. So I can add a new image, but now it’s showing all images from WP media, not just the images associated to the post.

Hope that makes sense.

Nic

• Hi @nicgranleese

Thanks. I’ll do some testing in the near future with live edit.

Cheers
    E

• Hey Elliot,

Wanted to let you know that I am having what looks like to be the came exact problem. In short, when I use live edit to add or edit an image field it is showing only images that are not attached to any post rather then only those images who are attached to that specific post. Any thoughts would be appreciated! And of course very much looking forward to Version 5!

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Image uploaded to post not working with live edit.’ is closed to new replies.