Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues How to display the custom field content in single product page?

Solved

How to display the custom field content in single product page?

• Hi to all.
    I have created a text custom field in woocommerce category products.
    What should I do to display the custom field content in single product page?

Thanks

• Open up the /plugins/woocommerce/templates dir. In there you’ll find content-single-product.php. In there you’ll find Woo actions being called and above each a list of hooks that the action contains. Find the hook that describes the area you want to add your custom fields to, for example woocommerce_template_single_excerpt. Then you Google that hook and on the docs.woothemes.com result you can click the link to ‘Located at’ file. On that page you search for woocommerce_template_single_excerpt. The function you arrive at will tell you the file used is single-product/short-description.php. Now you don’t want to modify this file directly, just like you don’t want to modify the WP core. Instead you copy plugins/woocommerce/templates/single-product/short-description.php to themes/YOURTHEME/woocommerce/single-product/short-description.php. Then you edit that file.

I’m still working on my first WooCommerce website so I don’t know if this is the fastest way to find the template part you need but this is how I’m doing it.

• Hi, I have solved this problem adding this code in functions.php:

add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_top_category_desc', 1 );
    	function woocommerce_template_top_category_desc (){
     $terms = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'wc-attibute-class' );
    if ( !empty($terms)) {
    		$term = array_pop($terms);
    				$text= get_field('txt-field', $term);
    				if (!empty($text)) {
    				echo $text;
    				}
    }
    		}
  • `Hi, I’ve able to achieve this in a new tab in woo commerce single product page by using below code
    function woo_products_tabs ( $tabs ){

$tabs[‘your_tab_name’] = Array
    (
    ‘title’ => “Tab_title”,
    ‘priority’ => 15,
    ‘callback’ => ‘your_tab_name’
    );
    return $tabs;
    }
    function your_tab_name(){
    echo “<h2>Tab_title</h2>”;
    $var=get_field(‘acf_field_name’);
    echo “<p> $var </p>”; // out put the datafield

}

• i didnt create any child theme for theme

i need the location wer i gonna edit the code for the custom fields in product

• i didnt create any child theme for theme

i need the location wer i gonna edit the code for the custom fields in product

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to display the custom field content in single product page?’ is closed to new replies.